BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MEETING MAY 16, 2009

ORANGE PETAL:RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT I SAY AND DO



At this week's meeting the girls learned the importance of being responsible for what they say and do. To emphasize this message we had an activity with a book called The Rainbow Fish.


At the meeting, girls decorated their fish however they wanted. After reading the story, I showed them my "beautiful, shiny" fish. I asked the question, "What would be the responsible thing for me to do?" Since the other girls were sad that their fish didn't have any shiny scales, the responsible thing for me to do would be to give them some shiny scales of their own to decorate their fish. We also played a "fishing" game, in which the girls fished out different scenarios and discussed ways in which to handle that particular situation. Through out the year, the Scouts have been showing responsibility by keeping up with their Daisy Dollars. At this weeks meeting, they had the opportunity to trade in those dollars for a special prize. The girls were also given a chore chart. They are to discuss with their parents chores they should work on this week. (Moms, this is my gift to you.)Once completed, they will then earn the Orange Petal.

Thank you to Natalie and her Grandmother for the cupcakes!



0 comments: